The Mission of the Foundation of the PFA
The Foundation of the Pierre Fauchard Academy is a service organization that shall safeguard, increase and administer funds for the improvement of the oral health of the citizens of the worldwide Sections of the Pierre Fauchard Academy. The foundation shall function under conditions where neither race, nor religion nor nationality should be taken into account.
The purpose is to advance the field of dental health through such activities as scholarships, the provision of needed services to the public, and the support of other charitable projects in dentistry. The funds shall be provided through bequests, donations, planned giving memorial donations, investments, grants and the income from the Brenes-Espinach estate.
Goals plus objectives: Annually, distribute funds to qualified grant seekers by means of a series of communications that will meet our goals.
I. Integrate our programs to be commensurate with those of the Pierre Fauchard Academy.
2. Provide publicity to make our Foundation well known.
3. Reach out to the PFA Sections and the dental community with Requests For Proposals (RFP).
4. Process inquiries and provide application forms to those eligible.
5. Evaluate the grant requests.
6. Decide who receives the grants and, with a proper legal basis, distribute funds.
7. Ascertain that the grant seekers have fulfilled the requirements of their contracts.
8. Maintain a sound financial system.
9. Be available to eligible donors and encourage donations to the Foundation.
10. In the grant priorities give emphasis to those that have a humanitarian function.
11. In the grant priorities give emphasis to those whose functions will have an immediate impact.
12. Limit the grant money to $5,000 or $10,000 depending upon our priority schedule.
13. Provide for any special grant awards at the discretion of the Board.