September 13, 2019
Delta Bassborough Ballroom
November 22, 2019
Register for Member Services and pay your membership dues online.
Regions & Sections
Latest Dental World
About the PFA International Hall of Fame of Dentistry
The Pierre Fauchard Academy (PFA) is an International Honor Dental Organization that was organized in 1936. The founders of the Academy selected the name of Pierre Fauchard in memory of the French dentist who is recognized as the "Father of Modern Dentistry."
The Pierre Fauchard Academy International Hall of Fame of Dentistry was established in 1992 by then President Foster W. Bens. The activities of this program are administered by a committee of the Academy and approved by the Board of Trustees. This project honors the elite and the greats of the dental profession from throughout the world.
The selection of recipients of the PFA International Hall of Fame are to be made from eminent and qualified members of the profession whose claim to distinguished service is generally recognized by the dental profession throughout the world.
The PFA International Hall of Fame of Dentistry is has two locations: one is located in headquarters buildings of the French Federation of Dentistry in Paris, France (which is comparable to the American Dental Association in Chicago). UPDATE: On June 2nd, 2011, the second, completely re-designed, installation of the PFA International Hall-of-Fame of Dentistry was moved to and unveiled at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry in the United States. A special dedication in honor of Dr. Joseph Cappuccio also took place during the 75th Anniversary year of the PFA. (Please check back here for more updates.)
The candidate or candidates to be selected must be dentists and graduates of dental schools recognized and accepted in the country of origin of the candidate, and must be a dentist for a minimum of 35 years and show outstanding qualities of leadership, contributions and participation in any or several of the categories listed below:
- General dentistry or its specialties
- Federal dental service
- Political science
- Community service
- International relations
- Humanitarian service
- Public service
The candidate is recommended by the committee and approved by the Officers and Board of Trustees of the Academy.
Mission and Goals of the PFA International Hall of Fame of Dentistry
- To promote and preserve for posterity the memorable contributions of the elite and distinguished members of our profession.
- To promote and preserve for future generations of dentists the unique history of our profession.
- To educate and motivate members of the profession to uphold its proud history.
- To promote and elevate the image and self esteem of the members of our profession.
- To promote and educate the public and political leaders to have a greater appreciation of our profession, what we are ,and where we came from.
- To promote dentistry and its leaders in the eyes of the general public and dental profession.
- To memorialize and establish in a prestigious location a home and Honor Roll of our Hall of Fame.
U of Maryland School of Dentistry
French Federation of Dentistry